- Cheap Places to Travel Around The World
- New Year’s Eve Traditions Around The World
- The Ultimate Guide to São Paulo
- World’s Best Winter Destinations
- The Ultimate Tel Aviv Food Guide
- Stay Healthy While Traveling
- Interview with Lauren Juliff and her Never Ending Footsteps
- Top 7 Travel Activities Around The World
- Best Markets Around The World
- Alternative Destinations in Europe
All Time Popular Posts
- Titanic facts (28,815)
- National Beer Brands Quiz (23,951)
- Worldwide greetings traditions (16,243)
- Most amazing hotel pools (14,487)
- Public transport in London (14,299)
- Ultimate Amsterdam Queen’s Day Guide (13,611)
- Top Paris Blogs: Get Inspired! (12,019)
- 10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a flight (11,642)
- Hidden tourist gems in Paris (11,422)
- 25 most beautiful fountains of the world (10,706)
TagsA-Z airport Amsterdam Amsterdam tips apps Bangkok Barcelona beach Berlin budget castles Christmas City Trips Dubai Dublin EasyToBook europe Festivals Funny Hong Kong hotel Informative Istanbul Local food London Madrid marathon market Milan museum New Years Eve New York Paris Quiz restaurant Rome Schiphol Shopping Guide Spain Sydney tips Top Blogs Travel Travel-Research Venice
Our main destinations
Find and follow us…
Subscribe to our feed
Author Archives: Jean
Yesterday morning the news in Holland paid some attention to a Christmas tree made out of plastic bottles in the city of Haifa, Israel.
Because of a Christmas tree shortage caused by forest fires, Haifa’s Christmas tree this year was made out of plastic. It was made up out of 5000+ bottles, collected by everybody in the city. The Jews, Christians and Muslims all worked together to collect the bottles. LED lights were used in the tree to save energy, so it is safe to say that this tree is of the highest ecological level a Christmas tree can get.
This made us wonder if there were more funny or strange Christmas trees around the world so this morning we did a little research on the internet to find the best ones.
Below you find the most special Christmas trees we spotted this year!
The first group of Christmas trees consists of trees all made out of bottles like the one from Haifa: