- A few observations on The French and Food
- Playtime for Kids in Paris
- Kilimanjaro, a Mountain You Need to Climb in a Lifetime
- Five days in Madrid – by Melda Eren
- The Best Honeymoon Destinations In The UK
- 5 Things Not To Do On a Plane
- Berlin’s Nightlife: The 48-Hour Challenge
- Fall in Myrtle Beach
- Barcelona’s Hidden Gems
- Great Midwestern Fall Get-Away Spots
All Time Popular Posts
- Titanic facts (27,235)
- National Beer Brands Quiz (18,415)
- Worldwide greetings traditions (13,721)
- Ultimate Amsterdam Queen’s Day Guide (13,470)
- Most amazing hotel pools (13,254)
- Top Paris Blogs: Get Inspired! (11,745)
- Public transport in London (11,607)
- Hidden tourist gems in Paris (10,962)
- 10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a flight (9,794)
- A nice day in Nice! (9,188)
TagsA-Z airport Amsterdam Amsterdam tips Bangkok Barcelona beach Berlin castles Christmas City Trips Derby Dublin EasyToBook europe Festivals Funny Hong Kong hotel Informative Istanbul Local food London Madrid marathon Milan Montpellier museum mythical creatures Naples New Years Eve New York Nice Paris Quiz restaurant Rome Schiphol Shopping Guide Ski Spain Sydney top Amsterdam hotels Top Blogs Venice
Our main destinations
Find and follow us…
Subscribe to our feed
Author Archives: Jean
Yesterday morning the news in Holland paid some attention to a Christmas tree made out of plastic bottles in the city of Haifa, Israel.
Because of a Christmas tree shortage caused by forest fires, Haifa’s Christmas tree this year was made out of plastic. It was made up out of 5000+ bottles, collected by everybody in the city. The Jews, Christians and Muslims all worked together to collect the bottles. LED lights were used in the tree to save energy, so it is safe to say that this tree is of the highest ecological level a Christmas tree can get.
This made us wonder if there were more funny or strange Christmas trees around the world so this morning we did a little research on the internet to find the best ones.
Below you find the most special Christmas trees we spotted this year!
The first group of Christmas trees consists of trees all made out of bottles like the one from Haifa: