Come and say hello!
Find and follow us…
- Top Places to Visit in New Orleans
- Places to Visit in Seattle
- Top Places to Visit in San Francisco
- 7 Alternative Places to Visit in The U.S
- Las Vegas on a Budget
- The World’s Best Street Food
- Strangest Museums Around the World
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro Part II
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro part I
- Top 7 Cities to Party in Europe
All Time Popular Posts
- Public transport in Paris (32,012)
- Titanic facts (29,710)
- National Beer Brands Quiz (25,903)
- Worldwide greetings traditions (17,475)
- Public transport in London (15,753)
- Most amazing hotel pools (15,069)
- Ultimate Amsterdam Queen’s Day Guide (13,749)
- 10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a… (12,759)
- Top Paris Blogs: Get Inspired! (12,450)
- 25 most beautiful fountains of the world (11,654)
Our main destinations
Subscribe to our feed
Author Archives: Jean
Yesterday morning the news in Holland paid some attention to a Christmas tree made out of plastic bottles in the city of Haifa, Israel.
Because of a Christmas tree shortage caused by forest fires, Haifa’s Christmas tree this year was made out of plastic. It was made up out of 5000+ bottles, collected by everybody in the city. The Jews, Christians and Muslims all worked together to collect the bottles. LED lights were used in the tree to save energy, so it is safe to say that this tree is of the highest ecological level a Christmas tree can get.
This made us wonder if there were more funny or strange Christmas trees around the world so this morning we did a little research on the internet to find the best ones.
Below you find the most special Christmas trees we spotted this year!
The first group of Christmas trees consists of trees all made out of bottles like the one from Haifa: