The presence of water makes life possible on our planet. The medium for all of the chemical reactions that occur in our body, water impacts our lives on a microscopic level. Freezing in enormous rivers, water has carved the landscape of our planet; falling in torrents and crashing in tsunamis, it is an ever-present reminder of our vulnerability on a macroscopic level.
What better way to celebrate this essential component of life than to squirt it out of tubes, colour it with lights and choreograph it to music? Most of us love to get wet, and most of us also love to witness the awesome dynamics of water. To satisfy this desire, we’ve decided to compile a list of some stunning fountains throughout the world.
The beautiful, bountiful and the bizarre can be found here; some famous, some not quite so. Have a sneaky peeky and see if you recognise any of these awesome creations.
1. Peterhof Fountain, Saint Petersburg, Russia
2. Epcot Fountain of Nations. Orlando, USA
3. Magic tap fountain, ?, ?
4. Trevi Fountain, Rome, Italy
5. Magic Fountain, Montjuic, Barcelona
7. Vaillancourt Fountain, San Francisco, USA
8. Swarovski Fountain, Wattens, Austria
9. Volcano Fountain, Abu Dhabi, UAB
10. Fonte do Ibirapuera, Sao Paulo, Brazil
11. People’s Friendship Fountain, Moscow, Russia
12. Bellagio Fountains, Las Vegas, USA
13. Millenium Park Crown Fountain, Chicago, USA
14. 71 Fountain, Ohio, USA
15. Banpo Bridge Fountain, Seoul, South Korea
16. Buckingham Memorial Fountain, Chicago, USA
17. King Fahd’s Fountain, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
18. The Fountain of Wealth, Suntec City, Singapore
19. Floating Fountains, Osaka, Japan
20. El Alamein Fountain, Sydney, Australia
21. City Hall Fountains, Downtown Edmonton, Canada
22. Archibald Fountain, Sydney, Australia
23. Jet d’eau Fountain, Geneva, Switzerland
24. Fuente del parque La Fundidora, Monterrey, Mexico
25. Villa d’Este, Tivoli, Italy