- The Ultimate Tel Aviv Food Guide
- Stay Healthy While Traveling
- Interview with Lauren Juliff and her Never Ending Footsteps
- Top 7 Travel Activities Around The World
- Best Markets Around The World
- Alternative Destinations in Europe
- Top 5 NYE Destinations
- Essential Travel Items
- Top 10 Most Naturally Dangerous Places in the World.
- The Ultimate Guide to Istanbul
All Time Popular Posts
- Titanic facts (28,776)
- National Beer Brands Quiz (23,826)
- Worldwide greetings traditions (16,176)
- Most amazing hotel pools (14,476)
- Public transport in London (14,230)
- Ultimate Amsterdam Queen’s Day Guide (13,607)
- Top Paris Blogs: Get Inspired! (12,011)
- 10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a flight (11,596)
- Hidden tourist gems in Paris (11,412)
- 25 most beautiful fountains of the world (10,667)
TagsA-Z airport Amsterdam Amsterdam tips apps Bangkok Barcelona beach Berlin budget castles Christmas City Trips Dubai Dublin EasyToBook europe Festivals Funny Hong Kong hotel Informative Istanbul Local food London Madrid marathon market Milan museum New Years Eve New York Paris Quiz restaurant Rome Schiphol Shopping Guide Spain Sydney tips Top Blogs Travel Travel-Research Venice
Our main destinations
Find and follow us…
Subscribe to our feed
Tag Archives: airport
This is a guest post by Chase Fleming of Wherever Worker.
We all know that flying isn’t easy. Well, actually, it is – there’s really nothing easier, unless you have a tough time sitting in a chair and reading a book for a few hours.
Unfortunately, some people can’t even get that right. They end up frustrating and annoying their fellow passengers by picking up one of these annoying behaviors, usually within the first five minutes of a seven-hour flight.
Airport dining sounds about as much fun as medieval surgery. Greasy, undercooked, carelessly composed and poorly presented ‘food’ is pretty much standard fare in far too many airports.
I’ll happily browse the duty free for deals on Absolut, Jim Beam and Bombay Sapphire, but my gastronomical expectations don’t dare venture beyond machine coffee and a factory muffin.
However, I’ve recently been forced to reconsider my stance; airport dining isn’t just a foreseeable possibility – it’s already here. These five top airport restaurants might make you think twice before settling for pretentious lattes in Starbucks or rubbery ‘burgers’ in McDonalds.
If you have the hunger, browse our tips for top airport restaurants…and if you know anybody who’s passing through these airports, make sure you give them a recommendation – they’ll thank you for it later!
I’m really good at leaving stuff behind – I’ve fished my money out of the bin more than once, I’ve dropped my debit card several times, and I regularly used to lock my keys in the car.
That said, I’ve never left anything at the airport without being forced to, so this little list of gems is very much on the amusing side.
Here are some of the strangest items filling the shelves of the Unclaimed Baggage Section: