Come and say hello!
Find and follow us…
- Top Places to Visit in New Orleans
- Places to Visit in Seattle
- Top Places to Visit in San Francisco
- 7 Alternative Places to Visit in The U.S
- Las Vegas on a Budget
- The World’s Best Street Food
- Strangest Museums Around the World
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro Part II
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro part I
- Top 7 Cities to Party in Europe
All Time Popular Posts
- Public transport in Paris (32,070)
- Titanic facts (29,726)
- National Beer Brands Quiz (25,921)
- Worldwide greetings traditions (17,512)
- Public transport in London (15,775)
- Most amazing hotel pools (15,085)
- Ultimate Amsterdam Queen’s Day Guide (13,755)
- 10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a… (12,778)
- Top Paris Blogs: Get Inspired! (12,455)
- 25 most beautiful fountains of the world (11,672)
Our main destinations
Subscribe to our feed
Tag Archives: Amsterdam tips
Relax as a local
Amsterdam is certainly not known for its great weather, but whenever Dutch people see the sun peeking through the clouds, they sit wherever they are or run to the nearest park or beach.
Vondelpark – This is the most famous park in Amsterdam. It’s a great window to the diverse people of Amsterdam. You will see and hear a homeless man playing the guitar, children screaming, young people enjoying an improvised barbecue, and much more. It is highly visited by locals and tourists, during summertime it is insanely read more
This is going to be tricky and controversial, but let’s face the truth: 23% of the 8 million tourists that visit Amsterdam every year go to a Coffee Shop during their stay.
For those of you that don’t know what a Coffee Shop is, here’s the Wikipedia definition: “Coffeeshops (or cannabis coffee shop) are establishments in the Netherlands where the sale of cannabis for personal consumption by the public is tolerated by the local authorities”
To celebrate this libertine attitude against soft drugs, each year the New York based magazine “High Times” organizes the “High Times Cannabis Cup” – also known as the “Cannabis Cup” – which is held in November in Amsterdam.
We’ve cobbled together this infographic to give an overview of the tourism activity in Amsterdam. Bloody foreigners – where are you all coming from? What do you get up to? When will we see the back of you? The answers to these questions and more are all right here: Under the skirts of Amsterdam tourism.
As a follow-up to our Top Amsterdam Blogs post, we’ve roped our Amsterdam Experts into providing some expert insider tips to enjoying a fantastic trip to Amsterdam.
Thanks very much to:
- Vicky Hampton, the Amsterdam Foodie
- Kira Nijenhuis, from Life in Amsterdam
- Cecily Layzell at Eat Amsterdam
- Mark from dutchgrub
- Wendy at Typical Dutch Stuff
- Daniel Duclos from Ducs Amsterdam
- Wieden+Kennedy from Our Dam Blog
We’ve tried our best to condense their answers, which were very insightful – especially when it comes to food and drink! If you haven’t already been to Amsterdam, book your trip today. It’s a beautiful city with a lovely ambience and a variety of attractions.
Without further ado, let’s get down to the useful stuff:
New Year’s Eve is approaching and the excitement grows; everybody already knows where to go and what to wear, friends and family are getting ready to party together and the champagne is waiting to get popped. Before entering 2011 we went out to the streets of Amsterdam and asked people a couple of questions, the most important one probably was what people’s New Year’s resolution would be. Aside from the usual “losing weight”, “quit smoking” and “be nicer to my mom”, what else do you wish for yourself this coming year? I took my colleague Kim with me, so she could help me out with interviewing some nice strangers:
From: “A small and beautiful city next to Rome.”
Are you in town for business or pleasure? “Pleasure of course! I will stay here till the 22th.”
Where are you staying? “In the “A Train Hotel”, next to Central Station.”
What is your New Year’s resolution? “To provide a good life for me and my family, that is the most important to me…”
What destination would you like to visit in 2011? “London! I locked this city deep in my heart!”