Come and say hello!
Find and follow us…
- Top Places to Visit in New Orleans
- Places to Visit in Seattle
- Top Places to Visit in San Francisco
- 7 Alternative Places to Visit in The U.S
- Las Vegas on a Budget
- The World’s Best Street Food
- Strangest Museums Around the World
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro Part II
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro part I
- Top 7 Cities to Party in Europe
All Time Popular Posts
- Public transport in Paris (31,902)
- Titanic facts (29,684)
- National Beer Brands Quiz (25,851)
- Worldwide greetings traditions (17,443)
- Public transport in London (15,729)
- Most amazing hotel pools (15,054)
- Ultimate Amsterdam Queen’s Day Guide (13,739)
- 10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a… (12,727)
- Top Paris Blogs: Get Inspired! (12,441)
- Hidden tourist gems in Paris (11,632)
Our main destinations
Subscribe to our feed
Tag Archives: castles
Summer is here! Shake the dust off of your flip flops, slap on some sun cream and dash to the beach as quickly as you can. Enjoying the sun and chilling on the warm sand is just what you need after a long, cold winter. Until you get bored… Time for some sandy action – let’s build castles!
OK, so castles are fun fo sho, but there is more to explore. Check out some of these amazing sand sculptures!
Most tourists coming to Netherlands have Amsterdam at the top of their list. Many have Amsterdam as the only thing on their list. True, there’s loads to see in Amsterdam, but there’s also plenty of attractions just outside the city. These hidden gems are often no more than an hour away and can easily be seen and enjoyed in a day.
This wasn’t easy, to be sure. Again, we’ve had to trawl through quite a number of comments – some entertaining, some heartrending.
We’re very pleased to be able to give away this prize on St. Patrick’s Day, in celebration of Ireland’s patron saint. Who knows – next year we could give you the chance to actually join in the St. Patrick’s Day revelry in Dublin.
A great big thank you to the Castle Hotel in Dublin, whose generosity has made this possible. The lucky winner is bound to have a grand time staying in a double room for two nights and enjoying a free breakfast on each morning.
I’d better quit my jibber jabber and get down to announcing the winner.
When you travel around the world, sooner or later you will come across some old and impressive castle. A castle is something that we directly connect to historical events, romance and old and remarkable stories. When I see a castle I always start wondering how it would feel to actually live there; this huge structure, many times surrounded by beautiful gardens and high fences, makes me somehow feel as if great things happened there in the past. These days many castles around Europe allow us to feel like a king or a queen for a day, or even more: many castles have been renovated and rearranged, transforming it to a beautiful hotel. The reason it is so special to stay in a castle instead of in regular lodging is because many things in the castle are kept in the old style. This enables us to see what it was like to live in a huge castle, almost like in the old days.
Take a look at the castles below and you might get inspired when picking your hotel for your next holiday: