Come and say hello!
Find and follow us…
- Top Places to Visit in New Orleans
- Places to Visit in Seattle
- Top Places to Visit in San Francisco
- 7 Alternative Places to Visit in The U.S
- Las Vegas on a Budget
- The World’s Best Street Food
- Strangest Museums Around the World
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro Part II
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro part I
- Top 7 Cities to Party in Europe
All Time Popular Posts
- Public transport in Paris (31,893)
- Titanic facts (29,660)
- National Beer Brands Quiz (25,851)
- Worldwide greetings traditions (17,441)
- Public transport in London (15,727)
- Most amazing hotel pools (15,052)
- Ultimate Amsterdam Queen’s Day Guide (13,738)
- 10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a… (12,726)
- Top Paris Blogs: Get Inspired! (12,439)
- Hidden tourist gems in Paris (11,632)
Our main destinations
Subscribe to our feed
Tag Archives: Derby
That said, it’s totally true that we’re on the cusp of launching a fresh new design for our website, which will come around in May. Keep your eyes peeled for that one.
If you liked this little ruse, have a quick look at these famous April Fools’ hoaxes:
Nowadays I just tell people I live near Robin Hood. The fox with the bear friend, that’s him. For those who might have heard of Derby, its reputation as a run-down backwater lumbering in Nottingham’s shadow is too popular to avoid.
Yes, sheep are plentiful in the Peak District. Yes, Langley Mill is notorious as a stronghold for the British National Party and National Front. And yes, Rolls Royce still develops aeroplane engines in its Derby factories. However, it doesn’t take a lot of digging to uncover some much more impressive features of Derbyshire. For now I’ll focus on just one: the UNESCO Heritage listed Derwent Valley Mills.