Come and say hello!
Find and follow us…
- Top Places to Visit in New Orleans
- Places to Visit in Seattle
- Top Places to Visit in San Francisco
- 7 Alternative Places to Visit in The U.S
- Las Vegas on a Budget
- The World’s Best Street Food
- Strangest Museums Around the World
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro Part II
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro part I
- Top 7 Cities to Party in Europe
All Time Popular Posts
- Public transport in Paris (32,030)
- Titanic facts (29,713)
- National Beer Brands Quiz (25,904)
- Worldwide greetings traditions (17,486)
- Public transport in London (15,758)
- Most amazing hotel pools (15,071)
- Ultimate Amsterdam Queen’s Day Guide (13,749)
- 10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a… (12,762)
- Top Paris Blogs: Get Inspired! (12,451)
- 25 most beautiful fountains of the world (11,658)
Our main destinations
Subscribe to our feed
Tag Archives: Dubai
When one thinks of Dubai, they are often struck by images of ridiculously expensive hotels, luxurious skyscrapers and lavishing shopping centers. Although the city does live up to its reputation of catering for the rich and famous, it certainly does not mean it cannot be visited by most of us mortals.
One thing is certain; you must do your homework before embarking on your trip. It is not a far-fetched possibility to get stranded in a luxurious area, and being forced to purchase a 25 AED bottle of water. Also running out of money mid-trip could easily happen, due to poor budget judgement in the homeland for the read more
It’s a little known fact that Dubai was almost entirely constructed in a 3-minute montage sometime during the mid 80s. The soundtrack came, of course, from Starship.
Now people flock to Dubai for the stunning attractions it has to offer. The tallest building in the world, the world’s first 7-star hotel, and the astounding development The World Islands are all prominent features of Dubai. The opulence demonstrated here is unrivalled throughout the world. Love it or loathe it, the phenomenon of Dubai is truly incredible.
Personally, I haven’t ventured outside of Dubai’s airport, but our very own Stefan Harijono must hold some kind of record for his appearances in the United Arab Emirates. He’s given me an excellent beginner’s introduction to Dubai, with a good list of attractions and activities you really shouldn’t miss. Best that I just shut up now and let him take over.