Come and say hello!
Find and follow us…
- Top Places to Visit in New Orleans
- Places to Visit in Seattle
- Top Places to Visit in San Francisco
- 7 Alternative Places to Visit in The U.S
- Las Vegas on a Budget
- The World’s Best Street Food
- Strangest Museums Around the World
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro Part II
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro part I
- Top 7 Cities to Party in Europe
All Time Popular Posts
- Public transport in Paris (32,093)
- Titanic facts (29,738)
- National Beer Brands Quiz (25,938)
- Worldwide greetings traditions (17,523)
- Public transport in London (15,787)
- Most amazing hotel pools (15,093)
- Ultimate Amsterdam Queen’s Day Guide (13,757)
- 10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a… (12,791)
- Top Paris Blogs: Get Inspired! (12,458)
- 25 most beautiful fountains of the world (11,683)
Our main destinations
Subscribe to our feed
Tag Archives: EasyToBook
Christmas is over, but a lot of people -including me- still have in their belly the vivid memories of the food we had during the holiday season. Since EasyToBook.com is an international company with people from all around the world, a lot of people went on holiday to their home country to spend Christmas and New Year’s Eve with family and friends and, of course, eat their typical Christmas specialties. In these days we keep talking in our kitchen about what we had during the past holidays, so I decided to make a list from a few favorite holiday season specialties from countries from which EasyToBook.com employees are originally from.
You can easily recognize which of the Italian EasyToBook.com employees spent their holiday back home… We walk like zombies, holding onto our bellies as if our lives depend on it. Even though New Year’s Eve was over a week ago, we can still feel all the food we had.
The Christmas and New Year’s Eve dinners in Italy are basically the same, but there are some small variations. In the south, where I am from, every course contains fish: we start with smoked salmon, then spaghetti with seafood, followed by some fish cooked in the oven. I know this sounds almost like a dinner when you are on a diet, but the fish is just the base of the dinner… Between the main fish courses you usually have any kind of deep fried vegetables, mozzarella, nuts and much, much more.
For New Year’s Eve the most important things to eat are lentils and “cotechino”, a special kind of sausage that we eat only during New Year’s Eve. Lentils symbolize luck with money and “cotechino” fortunes for good health.
New Year’s Eve is approaching and the excitement grows; everybody already knows where to go and what to wear, friends and family are getting ready to party together and the champagne is waiting to get popped. Before entering 2011 we went out to the streets of Amsterdam and asked people a couple of questions, the most important one probably was what people’s New Year’s resolution would be. Aside from the usual “losing weight”, “quit smoking” and “be nicer to my mom”, what else do you wish for yourself this coming year? I took my colleague Kim with me, so she could help me out with interviewing some nice strangers:
From: “A small and beautiful city next to Rome.”
Are you in town for business or pleasure? “Pleasure of course! I will stay here till the 22th.”
Where are you staying? “In the “A Train Hotel”, next to Central Station.”
What is your New Year’s resolution? “To provide a good life for me and my family, that is the most important to me…”
What destination would you like to visit in 2011? “London! I locked this city deep in my heart!”
Here at EasyToBook.com we don’t really need a special reason to celebrate. For us, any occasion is good enough to excuse ourselves for a night out together. One, two or three drinks are a must in order for us to start the weekend properly, and leave the work load at our desks. No matter how many people joining or how many drinks were having, our favorite place, around the corner, with always friendly staff is the “Doffer”. What can we say, we are loyal customers!
Because there is more to life than work, and we enjoy each other’s company outside the office too, we got very excited when we heard there was a Christmas party planned for us. The theme of the party was 80s, and the most original costume, (by original we don’t mean Madonna or Cyndi Lauper) won a weekend away in Barcelona, Rome or Paris! Aside from the price there were drinks, snacks and a pumping D.J! Check out these pictures in order to get a taste on how it was! One thing is for sure, you should have been there:
Hello everybody and welcome to our new blog! Before we begin, we would like to tell you a little about ourselves…
- We are an online hotel reservations company which provides hotels, B&B, hostels and apartments worldwide
- Our main office is located in the center of Amsterdam; on one of the beautiful Dutch canals
- We have more than 15 nationalities in our team. You can only imagine what our kitchen is like during lunch break. In one word: loud!