Come and say hello!
Find and follow us…
- Top Places to Visit in New Orleans
- Places to Visit in Seattle
- Top Places to Visit in San Francisco
- 7 Alternative Places to Visit in The U.S
- Las Vegas on a Budget
- The World’s Best Street Food
- Strangest Museums Around the World
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro Part II
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro part I
- Top 7 Cities to Party in Europe
All Time Popular Posts
- Public transport in Paris (32,057)
- Titanic facts (29,717)
- National Beer Brands Quiz (25,912)
- Worldwide greetings traditions (17,499)
- Public transport in London (15,769)
- Most amazing hotel pools (15,078)
- Ultimate Amsterdam Queen’s Day Guide (13,752)
- 10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a… (12,775)
- Top Paris Blogs: Get Inspired! (12,453)
- 25 most beautiful fountains of the world (11,664)
Our main destinations
Subscribe to our feed
Tag Archives: marathon
This is a guest post by James Cave.
France is a country famed for its food and any trip here is going to be centred on food, food and more food. Well, for me that’s how trips to France have always been anyway!
A few months ago I decided to go and live in France for a few months, having been lucky enough to read about a house that needed looking after on a pet minding website. I applied, was accepted and moved out here, ready to stuff myself with frog legs, baguettes and escargots. I still haven’t eaten any frog read more
If you’re heading to New York and don’t fancy shelling out for an open-top tour bus, you could consider running around the city instead.
Not convinced? Check out this route:
New York Marathon kicks off from Fort Wadsworth on Staten Island before crossing the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge into Brooklyn. It then travels up to Queens and turns left to cross the East River on Queensboro Bridge. Upon reaching Manhattan the route goes through the Upper East Side to the Bronx, then down again through Central Park to finish near Central Park Lake.
Following this circuit, you pass through 4 of the 5 boroughs and also touch on Harlem as you pass down 5th Avenue. That’s some serious ground you’re covering. The length of this route, though; it’s massive…it must be at least 26 miles.
Welcome to our Ultimate guide to New York City Marathon.
April is marathon month, with a number of major marathons occurring within quick succession. Many of you may be preparing for the upcoming Paris, Milan, Vienna, Madrid or London marathons, several of which are held on the same day.
Running a marathon is tough enough, but even greater challenges are out there, should you be seeking something more. Here’s ten of the most extreme marathons on earth, most of which are notorious Ultra Marathons: