- A few observations on The French and Food
- Playtime for Kids in Paris
- Kilimanjaro, a Mountain You Need to Climb in a Lifetime
- Five days in Madrid – by Melda Eren
- The Best Honeymoon Destinations In The UK
- 5 Things Not To Do On a Plane
- Berlin’s Nightlife: The 48-Hour Challenge
- Fall in Myrtle Beach
- Barcelona’s Hidden Gems
- Great Midwestern Fall Get-Away Spots
All Time Popular Posts
- Titanic facts (27,246)
- National Beer Brands Quiz (18,452)
- Worldwide greetings traditions (13,725)
- Ultimate Amsterdam Queen’s Day Guide (13,472)
- Most amazing hotel pools (13,263)
- Top Paris Blogs: Get Inspired! (11,748)
- Public transport in London (11,629)
- Hidden tourist gems in Paris (10,965)
- 10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a flight (9,804)
- A nice day in Nice! (9,190)
TagsA-Z airport Amsterdam Amsterdam tips Bangkok Barcelona beach Berlin castles Christmas City Trips Derby Dublin EasyToBook europe Festivals Funny Hong Kong hotel Informative Istanbul Local food London Madrid marathon Milan Montpellier museum mythical creatures Naples New Years Eve New York Nice Paris Quiz restaurant Rome Schiphol Shopping Guide Ski Spain Sydney top Amsterdam hotels Top Blogs Venice
Our main destinations
Find and follow us…
Subscribe to our feed
Tag Archives: Milan
Milan is one of the most important cities in Italy and is also very well known as “Milano da bere” – Milan to drink – because of the crazy amount of bars and pubs in the city.
If you are going to visit Milan, to discover its real soul, you have to see and to enjoy its aperitivo: Happy Hour.
Every day, after office hours, many Milanese bars offer you the opportunity to appreciate and participate in the ritual of aperitivo. Bars usually charge a fixed fee for drinks, which is around 5 Euros for a beer (pint) and from 7 to 10 Euros for a cocktail, but during the happy hour (which is actually more like 3 0r 4 hours) the bars set up a buffet, with all kinds of food, where the guests can take whatever they want without any additional costs. So, if you think that the price of the drinks is expensive, bear in mind that you can actually get a dinner for free!
To start the week off in style we have decided to offer you – for 48 hours only – a really special and unique deal!
For the next 48 hours we will run this deal that allows you to save up to 50% off the normal price on several hotels in Venice, Milan and Munich. Check the list below, and choose your destination, your hotel, and your deal!
Last week I went on a business trip to Milan and I had the possibility to spend a nice and long day with my brother who is living there – he guided me to a few of his favourite places. I would like to share my experience with you to give you some ideas if you are thinking of spending a couple of days in Milan.
09.30 Wake up at the Hub Hotel, a really nice 4 star hotel (I told you it was a pleasant business trip)! The hotel is not in the center of Milan, but on a strategic position, well connected to the center by public transport and in the heart of the Milan trade, conference and business area.
10.30 After a short tram ride I met my brother just outside the entrance to Parco Sempione and we had a tasty breakfast at the Living Liqueurs & Delights Milano bar. The bar is on a convenient location, it has awesome cappuccinos and yummy croissants.