Top Hotel Deals
- A few observations on The French and Food
- Playtime for Kids in Paris
- Kilimanjaro, a Mountain You Need to Climb in a Lifetime
- Five days in Madrid – by Melda Eren
- The Best Honeymoon Destinations In The UK
- 5 Things Not To Do On a Plane
- Berlin’s Nightlife: The 48-Hour Challenge
- Fall in Myrtle Beach
- Barcelona’s Hidden Gems
- Great Midwestern Fall Get-Away Spots
All Time Popular Posts
- Titanic facts (27,258)
- National Beer Brands Quiz (18,464)
- Worldwide greetings traditions (13,727)
- Ultimate Amsterdam Queen’s Day Guide (13,473)
- Most amazing hotel pools (13,269)
- Top Paris Blogs: Get Inspired! (11,748)
- Public transport in London (11,642)
- Hidden tourist gems in Paris (10,971)
- 10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a flight (9,806)
- A nice day in Nice! (9,190)
TagsA-Z airport Amsterdam Amsterdam tips Bangkok Barcelona beach Berlin castles Christmas City Trips Derby Dublin EasyToBook europe Festivals Funny Hong Kong hotel Informative Istanbul Local food London Madrid marathon Milan Montpellier museum mythical creatures Naples New Years Eve New York Nice Paris Quiz restaurant Rome Schiphol Shopping Guide Ski Spain Sydney top Amsterdam hotels Top Blogs Venice
Our main destinations
Find and follow us…
Subscribe to our feed
Tag Archives: mobile
In this digital age of tap-dancing robots, downloadable viagra and virtual nutrition, which traveller still lugs 5kg worth of guidebooks and dictionaries around with them? These days all you need is a smartphone and a wi-fi connection and you can have the entire Lonely Planet back catalogue at your fingertips.
The marketplace is saturated with applications covering everything from best rated local pizzas to typical weather patterns in McMurdo Sound, but which ones are worth bothering with? To amuse you while you consider this conundrum, our very own hot stepping reporter Sandrine has hashed together a shortlist of the most interesting applications that are sure to delight globetrotters galore.
With this software you can locate some local cuisine, find a nearby toilet to throw it back up in, and then connect with a new friend and tell them all about it. Wow, the wonder of technology really helps to bring us all closer together.
Do you think you’ll be taking any of these with you on your next trip?