Top Hotel Deals
- World’s Best Winter Destinations
- The Ultimate Tel Aviv Food Guide
- Stay Healthy While Traveling
- Interview with Lauren Juliff and her Never Ending Footsteps
- Top 7 Travel Activities Around The World
- Best Markets Around The World
- Alternative Destinations in Europe
- Top 5 NYE Destinations
- Essential Travel Items
- Top 10 Most Naturally Dangerous Places in the World.
All Time Popular Posts
- Titanic facts (28,790)
- National Beer Brands Quiz (23,860)
- Worldwide greetings traditions (16,195)
- Most amazing hotel pools (14,480)
- Public transport in London (14,255)
- Ultimate Amsterdam Queen’s Day Guide (13,609)
- Top Paris Blogs: Get Inspired! (12,012)
- 10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a flight (11,609)
- Hidden tourist gems in Paris (11,413)
- 25 most beautiful fountains of the world (10,679)
TagsA-Z airport Amsterdam Amsterdam tips apps Bangkok Barcelona beach Berlin budget castles Christmas City Trips Dubai Dublin EasyToBook europe Festivals Funny Hong Kong hotel Informative Istanbul Local food London Madrid marathon market Milan museum New Years Eve New York Paris Quiz restaurant Rome Schiphol Shopping Guide Spain Sydney tips Top Blogs Travel Travel-Research Venice
Our main destinations
Find and follow us…
Subscribe to our feed
Tag Archives: mobile
In this digital age of tap-dancing robots, downloadable viagra and virtual nutrition, which traveller still lugs 5kg worth of guidebooks and dictionaries around with them? These days all you need is a smartphone and a wi-fi connection and you can have the entire Lonely Planet back catalogue at your fingertips.
The marketplace is saturated with applications covering everything from best rated local pizzas to typical weather patterns in McMurdo Sound, but which ones are worth bothering with? To amuse you while you consider this conundrum, our very own hot stepping reporter Sandrine has hashed together a shortlist of the most interesting applications that are sure to delight globetrotters galore.
With this software you can locate some local cuisine, find a nearby toilet to throw it back up in, and then connect with a new friend and tell them all about it. Wow, the wonder of technology really helps to bring us all closer together.
Do you think you’ll be taking any of these with you on your next trip?