Come and say hello!
Find and follow us…
- Top Places to Visit in New Orleans
- Places to Visit in Seattle
- Top Places to Visit in San Francisco
- 7 Alternative Places to Visit in The U.S
- Las Vegas on a Budget
- The World’s Best Street Food
- Strangest Museums Around the World
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro Part II
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro part I
- Top 7 Cities to Party in Europe
All Time Popular Posts
- Public transport in Paris (32,072)
- Titanic facts (29,731)
- National Beer Brands Quiz (25,924)
- Worldwide greetings traditions (17,514)
- Public transport in London (15,780)
- Most amazing hotel pools (15,086)
- Ultimate Amsterdam Queen’s Day Guide (13,755)
- 10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a… (12,779)
- Top Paris Blogs: Get Inspired! (12,455)
- 25 most beautiful fountains of the world (11,674)
Our main destinations
Subscribe to our feed
Tag Archives: New Years Eve
When it comes to New Year’s Eve we all have our crazy superstitions. From ingeniously crafted resolutions that usually fail to sustain, to waiting until midnight to eat or wearing all white during the turning of the year, different countries go crazy in their own little way during the festivities.
These quirks are usually passed through generations, and even if we do not believe in their outcome, we still practice them religiously for the sake of a ‘what if’. We have selected some of the quirkiest New Year’s Eve traditions around the globe, so you can increase your chances for a read more
Home to the world’s most expensive clothes rack, Paris is a city with many frivolous associations.
City of fashion, city of romance, city of light; city of baguettes. Hunchbacks, guillotines, absinthe fairies and dead rock stars all play a part in Paris’ tumultuous history.
Did you know that the French have sex more often in a year than any other culture? It’s official.
Bearing this in mind, how much do you actually know about Paris? Think you’re something of a Francophile? How about proving it by taking our Diabolically Difficult French Capital Quiz?
Here are 25 twists and turns to keep you guessing and gurning right up to the end. If you do well, give yourself a pat on the back and order a crêpe; if you don’t, buy a Citroёn 2CV and spend a fortnight on the Boulevard Périphérique.
Either way, we hope you thoroughly enjoy yourselves…now let’s French it up a bit.
New Year’s Eve is approaching and the excitement grows; everybody already knows where to go and what to wear, friends and family are getting ready to party together and the champagne is waiting to get popped. Before entering 2011 we went out to the streets of Amsterdam and asked people a couple of questions, the most important one probably was what people’s New Year’s resolution would be. Aside from the usual “losing weight”, “quit smoking” and “be nicer to my mom”, what else do you wish for yourself this coming year? I took my colleague Kim with me, so she could help me out with interviewing some nice strangers:
From: “A small and beautiful city next to Rome.”
Are you in town for business or pleasure? “Pleasure of course! I will stay here till the 22th.”
Where are you staying? “In the “A Train Hotel”, next to Central Station.”
What is your New Year’s resolution? “To provide a good life for me and my family, that is the most important to me…”
What destination would you like to visit in 2011? “London! I locked this city deep in my heart!”