Top Hotel Deals
- Interview with Lauren Juliff and her Never Ending Footsteps
- Top 7 Travel Activities Around The World
- Best Markets Around The World
- Alternative Destinations in Europe
- Top 5 NYE Destinations
- Essential Travel Items
- Top 10 Most Naturally Dangerous Places in the World.
- The Ultimate Guide to Istanbul
- Unique Festivals Around the World
- Interview With Nomadic Samuel
All Time Popular Posts
- Titanic facts (28,747)
- National Beer Brands Quiz (23,744)
- Worldwide greetings traditions (16,143)
- Most amazing hotel pools (14,466)
- Public transport in London (14,181)
- Ultimate Amsterdam Queen’s Day Guide (13,605)
- Top Paris Blogs: Get Inspired! (11,995)
- 10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a flight (11,550)
- Hidden tourist gems in Paris (11,401)
- 25 most beautiful fountains of the world (10,643)
TagsA-Z airport Amsterdam Amsterdam tips apps Bangkok Barcelona beach Berlin budget castles Christmas City Trips Dubai Dublin EasyToBook europe Festivals Funny Hong Kong hotel Informative Istanbul Local food London Madrid marathon market Milan museum New Years Eve New York Paris Quiz restaurant Rome Schiphol Shopping Guide Spain Sydney tips Top Blogs Travel Travel-Research Venice
Our main destinations
Find and follow us…
Subscribe to our feed
Tag Archives: New Years Eve
Home to the world’s most expensive clothes rack, Paris is a city with many frivolous associations.
City of fashion, city of romance, city of light; city of baguettes. Hunchbacks, guillotines, absinthe fairies and dead rock stars all play a part in Paris’ tumultuous history.
Did you know that the French have sex more often in a year than any other culture? It’s official.
Bearing this in mind, how much do you actually know about Paris? Think you’re something of a Francophile? How about proving it by taking our Diabolically Difficult French Capital Quiz?
Here are 25 twists and turns to keep you guessing and gurning right up to the end. If you do well, give yourself a pat on the back and order a crêpe; if you don’t, buy a Citroёn 2CV and spend a fortnight on the Boulevard Périphérique.
Either way, we hope you thoroughly enjoy yourselves…now let’s French it up a bit.
New Year’s Eve is approaching and the excitement grows; everybody already knows where to go and what to wear, friends and family are getting ready to party together and the champagne is waiting to get popped. Before entering 2011 we went out to the streets of Amsterdam and asked people a couple of questions, the most important one probably was what people’s New Year’s resolution would be. Aside from the usual “losing weight”, “quit smoking” and “be nicer to my mom”, what else do you wish for yourself this coming year? I took my colleague Kim with me, so she could help me out with interviewing some nice strangers:
From: “A small and beautiful city next to Rome.”
Are you in town for business or pleasure? “Pleasure of course! I will stay here till the 22th.”
Where are you staying? “In the “A Train Hotel”, next to Central Station.”
What is your New Year’s resolution? “To provide a good life for me and my family, that is the most important to me…”
What destination would you like to visit in 2011? “London! I locked this city deep in my heart!”