Come and say hello!
Find and follow us…
- Top Places to Visit in New Orleans
- Places to Visit in Seattle
- Top Places to Visit in San Francisco
- 7 Alternative Places to Visit in The U.S
- Las Vegas on a Budget
- The World’s Best Street Food
- Strangest Museums Around the World
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro Part II
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro part I
- Top 7 Cities to Party in Europe
All Time Popular Posts
- Public transport in Paris (31,994)
- Titanic facts (29,701)
- National Beer Brands Quiz (25,899)
- Worldwide greetings traditions (17,470)
- Public transport in London (15,749)
- Most amazing hotel pools (15,069)
- Ultimate Amsterdam Queen’s Day Guide (13,749)
- 10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a… (12,755)
- Top Paris Blogs: Get Inspired! (12,449)
- 25 most beautiful fountains of the world (11,646)
Our main destinations
Subscribe to our feed
Tag Archives: restaurant
WARNING: this blog-post is not for our vegetarian audience!
Sorry, but that warning was really needed since today we are gonna talk about one of the most amazing, famous and challenging dishes you can have in Italy: the “bistecca alla Fiorentina” or, if you prefer, “beefsteak Florentine style”!
For those who don’t know what I’m talking about, the Fiorentina is one of the main dishes of the Tuscan kitchen and it consists of a T-bone steak seasoned with salt (sometimes also with black pepper), grilled over a wood or charcoal fire and served with just a little bit of olive oil on top. Doesn’t look so unique, does it? Indeed the uniqueness of the Fiorentina is the cut: 1/1,5 kg, 3 fingers thick, and how the meat is served: invariably very rare, just 3-5 minutes grilling per side and 5-7 minutes vertically standing on its bone so as to make the blood pour out.
Airport dining sounds about as much fun as medieval surgery. Greasy, undercooked, carelessly composed and poorly presented ‘food’ is pretty much standard fare in far too many airports.
I’ll happily browse the duty free for deals on Absolut, Jim Beam and Bombay Sapphire, but my gastronomical expectations don’t dare venture beyond machine coffee and a factory muffin.
However, I’ve recently been forced to reconsider my stance; airport dining isn’t just a foreseeable possibility – it’s already here. These five top airport restaurants might make you think twice before settling for pretentious lattes in Starbucks or rubbery ‘burgers’ in McDonalds.
If you have the hunger, browse our tips for top airport restaurants…and if you know anybody who’s passing through these airports, make sure you give them a recommendation – they’ll thank you for it later!
The Big Apple is a massive city with a population of over 8 million people. It’s not too hard to get lost out here.
You might be something of an agoraphobic, or maybe you’re sick of hot dogs, or perhaps you’ve made one of those South-East Asian arrangements where you eat at the same place you sleep. Whatever your motivation, you want to discover some of New York’s recommended hotel restaurants. Fear not – that’s exactly what we’ve been thinking about. As the Roman saying goes, “ciao down.”