Come and say hello!
Find and follow us…
- Top Places to Visit in New Orleans
- Places to Visit in Seattle
- Top Places to Visit in San Francisco
- 7 Alternative Places to Visit in The U.S
- Las Vegas on a Budget
- The World’s Best Street Food
- Strangest Museums Around the World
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro Part II
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro part I
- Top 7 Cities to Party in Europe
All Time Popular Posts
- Public transport in Paris (32,095)
- Titanic facts (29,740)
- National Beer Brands Quiz (25,940)
- Worldwide greetings traditions (17,523)
- Public transport in London (15,787)
- Most amazing hotel pools (15,094)
- Ultimate Amsterdam Queen’s Day Guide (13,757)
- 10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a… (12,792)
- Top Paris Blogs: Get Inspired! (12,458)
- 25 most beautiful fountains of the world (11,685)
Our main destinations
Subscribe to our feed
Tag Archives: Schiphol
Airport dining sounds about as much fun as medieval surgery. Greasy, undercooked, carelessly composed and poorly presented ‘food’ is pretty much standard fare in far too many airports.
I’ll happily browse the duty free for deals on Absolut, Jim Beam and Bombay Sapphire, but my gastronomical expectations don’t dare venture beyond machine coffee and a factory muffin.
However, I’ve recently been forced to reconsider my stance; airport dining isn’t just a foreseeable possibility – it’s already here. These five top airport restaurants might make you think twice before settling for pretentious lattes in Starbucks or rubbery ‘burgers’ in McDonalds.
If you have the hunger, browse our tips for top airport restaurants…and if you know anybody who’s passing through these airports, make sure you give them a recommendation – they’ll thank you for it later!
Waiting for a flight in the airport is probably one of the most annoying things out there. Airports are not the most exciting places and even though they offer different facilities and shops, after you strolled through all the stores there, (usually there are not so many of them) you will find yourself looking at your watch and praying for the time to move faster. As an expat living in Amsterdam I know the feeling of going crazy while waiting for a flight. That is why I decided to write this”10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a flight” article. For those of you who take their flight from other airports and want advice as well, no worries, my tips are probably valid for any airport out there!