Top Hotel Deals
- A few observations on The French and Food
- Playtime for Kids in Paris
- Kilimanjaro, a Mountain You Need to Climb in a Lifetime
- Five days in Madrid – by Melda Eren
- The Best Honeymoon Destinations In The UK
- 5 Things Not To Do On a Plane
- Berlin’s Nightlife: The 48-Hour Challenge
- Fall in Myrtle Beach
- Barcelona’s Hidden Gems
- Great Midwestern Fall Get-Away Spots
All Time Popular Posts
- Titanic facts (26,930)
- National Beer Brands Quiz (17,624)
- Worldwide greetings traditions (13,518)
- Ultimate Amsterdam Queen’s Day Guide (13,452)
- Most amazing hotel pools (13,020)
- Top Paris Blogs: Get Inspired! (11,717)
- Public transport in London (11,241)
- Hidden tourist gems in Paris (10,859)
- 10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a flight (9,396)
- A nice day in Nice! (9,147)
TagsA-Z airport Amsterdam Amsterdam tips Bangkok Barcelona beach Berlin castles Christmas City Trips Derby Dublin EasyToBook europe Festivals Funny Hong Kong hotel Informative Istanbul Local food London Madrid marathon Milan Montpellier museum mythical creatures Naples New Years Eve New York Nice Paris Quiz restaurant Rome Schiphol Shopping Guide Ski Spain Sydney top Amsterdam hotels Top Blogs Venice
Our main destinations
Find and follow us…
Subscribe to our feed
Tag Archives: Schiphol
Airport dining sounds about as much fun as medieval surgery. Greasy, undercooked, carelessly composed and poorly presented ‘food’ is pretty much standard fare in far too many airports.
I’ll happily browse the duty free for deals on Absolut, Jim Beam and Bombay Sapphire, but my gastronomical expectations don’t dare venture beyond machine coffee and a factory muffin.
However, I’ve recently been forced to reconsider my stance; airport dining isn’t just a foreseeable possibility – it’s already here. These five top airport restaurants might make you think twice before settling for pretentious lattes in Starbucks or rubbery ‘burgers’ in McDonalds.
If you have the hunger, browse our tips for top airport restaurants…and if you know anybody who’s passing through these airports, make sure you give them a recommendation – they’ll thank you for it later!
Waiting for a flight in the airport is probably one of the most annoying things out there. Airports are not the most exciting places and even though they offer different facilities and shops, after you strolled through all the stores there, (usually there are not so many of them) you will find yourself looking at your watch and praying for the time to move faster. As an expat living in Amsterdam I know the feeling of going crazy while waiting for a flight. That is why I decided to write this”10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a flight” article. For those of you who take their flight from other airports and want advice as well, no worries, my tips are probably valid for any airport out there!