Come and say hello!
Find and follow us…
- Top Places to Visit in New Orleans
- Places to Visit in Seattle
- Top Places to Visit in San Francisco
- 7 Alternative Places to Visit in The U.S
- Las Vegas on a Budget
- The World’s Best Street Food
- Strangest Museums Around the World
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro Part II
- The Ultimate Guide to Rio de Janeiro part I
- Top 7 Cities to Party in Europe
All Time Popular Posts
- Public transport in Paris (31,916)
- Titanic facts (29,689)
- National Beer Brands Quiz (25,863)
- Worldwide greetings traditions (17,448)
- Public transport in London (15,730)
- Most amazing hotel pools (15,054)
- Ultimate Amsterdam Queen’s Day Guide (13,740)
- 10 things to do in Schiphol airport while waiting for a… (12,733)
- Top Paris Blogs: Get Inspired! (12,442)
- Hidden tourist gems in Paris (11,633)
Our main destinations
Subscribe to our feed
Tag Archives: Venice
Venice is famous for its small canals, for the amazing Piazza San Marco, for the Canal Grande, for its magical atmosphere, for the most expensive coffee in the world and, like every other city floating on the water, for its bridges.
In Venice there are 354 bridges that connect the 118 islands divided by 177 canals (more or less) in the Venetian Lagoon. That’s why I decided to collect some interesting images and funny facts about the most famous bridges in Venice.
Ponte della Libertà
Not all the tourists know this bridge, but all of them used it! For those of you that don’t know, Venice is not close to the mainland and it’s actually an island in the middle of a lagoon.
The Ponte della Libertà, designed in 1932 and opened by Mussolini in 1933, is the bridge connecting the city of Venice to the mainland. This 4 km bridge is the only connection for road vehicles and trains to get to Venice. Venice in 1565 – no connection to the mainland
To start the week off in style we have decided to offer you – for 48 hours only – a really special and unique deal!
For the next 48 hours we will run this deal that allows you to save up to 50% off the normal price on several hotels in Venice, Milan and Munich. Check the list below, and choose your destination, your hotel, and your deal!